Plums
Cook time: 30-45 minutes
Prep time: 5-10 minutes
Plums
Baking Dish
Blender/food processor/food mill/etc
Knife
1. Cut plums in half and remove the pits.
2. Place in baking dish cut side down in about 1 inch of water.
3. Bake for about 30-45 minutes on the bottom shelf at about 400 degrees. You want the skins to be slipping off.
4. Puree & Store.
The first time I baked the plums, the skins were just splitting & were hard to remove. It took a lot of time. The second time it took about 2 seconds. I baked them longer and the skins just slipped right off. It was so easy. The above directions are what I recommend after trying this twice myself.
Today was the first day I have given Toby plums and so far I haven't had much success. I don't know if he just wasn't really wanting any food or he doesn't like them yet, but later I'm going to give it another try. They were a little bitter by themselves so I added some breastmilk and some oats.
Just a little note, the plums smell a little like liquor when you puree them, but don't worry it's just the way they smell.
For a plums cost breakdown click here.
![]() |

No comments:
Post a Comment