1. Use baby food jars or containers made for people that make their own baby food. Lots of companies are getting into this because making your own baby food has become very popular. My mom bought me these fresh food freezer cups by Munchkin. She got them at Walmart. I haven't had a chance to use them yet. They seem pretty cool and very functional. They also get good reviews. You can read more about them here.
http://www.munchkin.com/ They also sell easy remove labels for things like these. My mom bought me some of those as well.
![]() |
| Munchkin Fresh Food Freezer Cups |
2. You can use small containers that are made for various uses like the small cups made by Ball or Ziploc. Just be sure that they are freezer safe. Right now I have baby food in a Ball freezer safe plastic 8 oz jar. The only downside is that it's a large portion and I don't know how difficult it will be to thaw out. My Munchkin jars are packed away because we are kind of trying to move, but after some consideration I decided to unpack them for future use.
![]() |
| Ball Freezer Safe 8 oz Cups |
3. Lots of people just scoop baby food into ice cube trays, cover with plastic wrap, and freeze for about 12-24 hours. Once the food is frozen they just pop them out into Ziploc freezer bags and label them. In a typical tray each cube is about an oz. This is definitely a very cheap and practical method since you don't really have to buy extra stuff specifically for making baby food. When I'm making large batches and my Munchkin cups are full this is definitely the way I'm going to go.
![]() |



No comments:
Post a Comment